such as my preference for studying with the assistance of espresso.
(or my tendency to take pictures of my coffee).
more real life interactions
more joie de vivre
What Actually Happens
- a younger sibling about to turn 17 years old
- a third grade cousin talking about using flash drives for school projects and remembering that I used floppy disks at that age
- realizing that the first Toy Story film came out over 15 years ago
- hearing 90’s music on an oldies station
- balancing my checkbook
- using expressions like “where I grew up” and “when I was in college” in conversation
- people asking my parents if I’m dating anyone seriously / planning to get married soon
- a newly developed habit of watching CNN
When the weather is nice, there’s no better way to start a Sunday than on my porch with a good book and a fresh cup of coffee.
I’ve taken a break from my current reading list to return to an old love of mine. In my mind, Les Misérables is one of the best books ever written, worth all 1200-some pages, and is tied with The Count of Monte Cristo as my favorite of all time.