- Put a book in the suitcase I intend to check and expect to remember to take it out before I get through security at the airport (I won’t)
- Leave my umbrella at home when the forecast calls for rain and the sky is completely overcast (unless I want to be soaked by the time I get to work)
- Assume that if I have a GPS, I cannot possibly get lost (I will)
- Believe that anything heals other than time, chocolate, and good friends (nothing else does)
- Try to grocery shop at Giant Eagle right before a Steelers game (good luck finding a cart!)
more real life interactions
more joie de vivre
- a younger sibling about to turn 17 years old
- a third grade cousin talking about using flash drives for school projects and remembering that I used floppy disks at that age
- realizing that the first Toy Story film came out over 15 years ago
- hearing 90’s music on an oldies station
- balancing my checkbook
- using expressions like “where I grew up” and “when I was in college” in conversation
- people asking my parents if I’m dating anyone seriously / planning to get married soon
- a newly developed habit of watching CNN
- cell culture exam tomorrow
- lab report due wednesday
- independent lab project
- cell culture final
- honors thesis
this is crazy. 48 days.
1. i finally decided on a graduate school and now it’s starting to hit me that i’m really moving in june.
2. i’m back to drinking coffee. originally, i had this whole post written out explaining how my resolution failed but it really comes down to two words: need. caffeine.
(that and making major lifestyle changes [i.e. quitting coffee cold turkey] mid-semester is really a horrible idea)
3. this entire post is in lowercase letters because it’s a monday.
4. it’s spring break week.
5. i stumbled across this mirrored dressing table while looking for apartment-decorating ideas. i’m sort of in love with it. i’m thinking a vintage furniture shop is my best bet for finding something like it.
photo from the paris apartment
- play the piano more
- cut back on coffee
- write/blog more (post at least once a week)
- get back into a ballet class
catch up with friends who are back in town
make a new playlist for 2011
learn to cook for real
play the piano a lot
see The Nutcracker ballet